This agreement sets out the terms and conditions of your use of the K9centre website. K9centre are committed to helping you.
We provide a range of products and services to help dogs. All our complementary remedies are holistic naturally based.
By accessing the K9centre website you agree to be legally bound by these terms and conditions, which take effect immediately on your first use of the K9 Centre website. If you do not agree to be legally bound by all the following terms and conditions then please do not access or use the K9centre website.
In accessing the K9centre website you specifically agree not to carry out any of the following acts:
- use the website to commit illegal acts or encourage similar behaviour
- use the K9centre website to distribute any computer virus or other such device
Data Protection, Distance Selling and E Commerce Regulations
At K9centre we do not store any credit card details – these are taken by our secure payment systems, Sagepay. Any personal details we have to process orders are not passed on to any third party and are kept in secure, password protected, servers. In addition to the Data Protection Act 1998, the K9centre complies
with the Consumer Protection (Distance Selling) Regulations 2000, the Electronic Commerce (EC Directive) Regulations 2002 and the Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations 2003.
Briefly, the Consumer Protection (Distance Selling) Regulations 2000 (and amendments) sets out the following key points. The business should:
- provide clear information about any product before purchase
- provide a written confirmation, by email receipt, following purchase; and,
- provide a “cooling off” period of 14 days.
The K9 Centre seeks to comply with the above regulations by:
- providing a clear and concise product summary for all goods delivered by the K9centre;
- provide a clear statement of the all-in cost of a purchase (in pounds sterling) and,
In addition to the previous list the K9centre seeks to comply with these regulations by:
- providing details of the business through a link on our home page; and,
- providing a Terms and Conditions statement.
In particular they provide for:
- an “opt-in” facility whereby individuals have to give their explicit prior consent to
receiving direct marketing e-mail;
- an “opt-out” facility. If a customer’s details are obtained in the course of a sale of a product or service, these details may be used to market same or similar products or services to that customer. However, the customer must be given, clearly and distinctly, the opportunity to opt-out easily and free of charge
when the details are collected and on any subsequent marketing e-mail; and,
- a new transparency requirement for cookies and similar tracking devices – anyone that employs these kinds of device must provide information on them and allow subscribers or users to refuse to accept them if they wish.
The K9 Centre seeks to comply with these regulations by:
- only sending e-mails to you if you give the K9 Centre permission
- providing a clear means of unsubscribing whenever information or marketing emails are sent to you; and, specifying when cookies may be used.
Material found on the K9 Centre website may express the views and opinions of employees of the K9 Centre or other users and are not necessarily complete or accurate. Any claims about the efficacy of any remedies
are for advice only, the responsibility for the use of such remedies lie withthe purchaser. We are not liable for any claims resulting from use of our remedies.
The K9 Centre website is the copyright of the K9 Centre unless otherwise stated. Contents are the copyright of the K9 Centre. It is your sole responsibility to comply with copyright laws. Any other reproduction, copying or distribution of any copyrighted elements of the website is strictly prohibited.
The content of the K9 Centre website is provided “AS IS” and on an “IS AVAILABLE” basis. Whilst we endeavour to keep this material up to date and accurate, the K9 Centre makes no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, reliability, accuracy or suitability with respect to the website information, prices or related items contained on the website for any purpose.
The K9 Centre will not be liable for any damages, including indirect or consequential damages, or any damages arising from use or loss of use, of profits or data, whether in contract, negligence or other tortious action, arising from or in connection with the K9 Centre.
Availability and delivery of goods
All goods remain the property of the K9 Centre until paid for in full. Although every effort is made to ensure that K9Centre orders are delivered as scheduled there may be times when, due to circumstance beyond our control, this is not possible. The purchaser will be informed of any major delay of which the K9 Centre is aware.
International (non-UK) customers should be aware that they are responsible for any local importation taxes which are due to be paid. K9Centre cannot be held responsible if goods sent to International (non-UK) customers are delayed / banned by local customs office. We will only export items which are acceptable to UK customs for exportation purposes. There are so many rules and regulations throughout the world, it is impossible for K9Centre to know about all countries.
International (non-UK) customers should, therefore, ensure that any goods imported to their country is acceptable to local customs.
Most payment systems clear quickly and K9centre endeavour to send goods out timeously as laid out by our shipping terms which can be viewed on our Shiiping page.
We regret that we are unable to take cheque payments.
We hope that you will be very pleased with our products and, as a satisfied client, we would hope that you will want to recommend us to others. However if you feel you have any cause for complaint please let us know in writing, via our contact page. Unless a traceable order number is given, we will not be able to process the complaint without delay.
We will acknowledge your communication, investigate your complaint and get back in touch with you as soon as we can.
K9Centre cannot accept the return of the following items:
- any natural remedies which have been opened
- any items that have been made to order (e.g a waterproof suit made up by our seamstress)
We will only accept returned goods in their unopened condition in the original packaging within 14 days. Cost of postage of returned goods will be borne by the buyer. Wrong orders or faulty goods in stock will be replaced as soon as possible. Non-faulty goods may be subject to a charge of acceptance (to cover handling, postage and credit / debit card charges incurred by k9centre).
Any other request for refunds will be considered on an individual basis.
The K9 Centre operates under the applicable laws of Scotland on 29th July 2015. Errors and omissions excepted.
Legally binding contract when purchasing
When buying goods from the K9Centre you and we enter into a legally binding contract as set out in this User Agreement.
Changes to this Agreement
This agreement will be reviewed from time-to-time and any changes will be posted here. You should check this agreement at regular intervals to ensure that you are aware of any changes, additions or deletions.
If you have any questions concerning this User Agreement please contact us.